WikiLeaks, Assange and democracy: Don’t shoot the messenger
What does the US led attack on WikiLeaks and the political persecution of its founder, Julian Assange, reveal about our democracy and our rights to freedom of information and freedom of speech?
Attend a public forum presented by the Support Assange and WikiLeaks Coalition and supported by the Australian Centre for Independent Journalism.
- Scott Ludlam, Greens Senator
- Christine Assange, mother of Julian Assange
- Humphrey McQueen, historian ANU
- Jennifer Robinson, lawyer for Julian Assange
Chair: Mary Kostakidis, broadcaster and former Chair of the Sydney Peace Foundation
Door opens at 6pm for a 6.30pm forum.
- 17 February 2012 to 21 February 2012
Entry by gold coin donation.
- City - Broadway CB02 Level 4, Room 13 (entrance level)
Map and directions
- All Welcome
- Anne or Helen, Ph. 0404 090 710 / 0413 381 408