Research Seminar "Writing Your Thesis"
A seminar for Higher Degree Research students and their supervisors
Session 1: Wednesday 13 June 2012
Session 2: Thursday 21 June 2012
Session 3: Thursday 28 June 2011
Having trouble preparing your assessment report? Can’t structure your thesis? Want to turn a thesis chapter into a paper? Help is at hand!
- A recent sample of a written text that you have produced as part of your thesis – including, if at all possible, feedback on that text from a marker or supervisor.
- Brief answers to the questions below:
- When did you begin your Doctorate and what stage are you up to?
- What are you writing at the moment in relation to your Doctorate and for whom?
- What sort of feedback are you getting from your supervisors on your writing?
- What do you think of this feedback – does it make sense to you? Do you agree or disagree? Is it helpful?
- What, if anything, do you find challenging about Doctoral writing (compared with other types of writing that you may do)? What do you think would help you with these challenges?
- What in particular would you like to accomplish during the writing workshop? Do you have any suggestions about how this might be done?
- What is the writing sample? Who has read it so far and what did they say about it? How happy are you with it? What do you think the main strengths and weaknesses are? Do you plan to revise it and if so, how?
- 13 June 2012 to 28 June 2012
- City - Haymarket CM05B Building 5 Block B Level 5 Room B503
- Students Postgraduate Research
- Elizabeth Ng