39th International Systemic Functional Congress
The 39th International Systemic Functional Congress will be held at the University of Technology, Sydney from 16th to 20th July 2012.
The conference theme 'to boldly go...' encompasses expanding fields of enquiry, modalities, typologies and voices in evolving theory in systemic functional linguistics and social semiotics.
The main themes of the conference are:
- Language and knowledge
- Context and Variation
- Learning Language
- Language in Education
- Typology and Translation
Presentations on other topics are also welcome.
Plenary Speakers include:
- Beatriz Quiroz, University of Sydney/Pontifical Catholic University of Chile
- Chris Cléirigh
- Ladjane de Souza, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis
- Karl Maton, University of Sydney
- Maree Stenglin, University of Sydney
- Geoff Williams, University of British Columbia and University of Sydney
- Michele Zappavigna and Bandar Alhumaidi A Almutairi, University of Sydney
- Shoshana Dreyfus, University of Sydney
- Clare Painter, University of Sydney
Key dates (extended)
February 29: Abstract submission deadline
March 20: Notification of acceptance sent
April 30: Early Bird Registration deadline
The conference will be preceded by the Pre-Congress Institute on 9th July to 13th July 2012, at the University of Sydney.
Further information available on the conference webpage: http://www.fass.uts.edu.au/research/conferences/isfc39/index.html
- 16 July 2012 to 20 July 2012
- 09:00 - 18:00
- City - Broadway CB04
- Conference Delegates
- Sandris Zeivots