Congratulations to Bachelor of Education in Adult Education students Claire Dodds-Eden and Liza Clews who have been awarded the new DEEWR Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practitioner Scholarships. The LLN practitioner scholarships will provide a study scholarship of up to $5,250 to support successful applicants in undertaking approved study towards an adult LLN practitioner qualification.
The primary objective of the program is to provide an incentive for individuals to enter the adult LLN field by supporting them to undertake approved study towards an adult LLN practitioner qualification. It is specifically targeted at:
- new entrants (individuals with no prior qualifications as teachers or trainers) who wish to gain an adult LLN qualification and enter the field;
- vocational trainers wishing to gain an adult LLN specialisation and enter the field; and
- individuals with prior relevant training (eg generalist teachers) wishing to ‘up-skill’ into an adult LLN specialisation with the intention of entering the field.
Current or prospective students in the following faculty courses may be eligible to apply:
- Bachelor of Education in Adult Education (Language, Literacy & Numeracy major)
- Graduate Certificate in Adult Numeracy Teaching
- Graduate Diploma in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Teaching
- Graduate Certificate in TESOL
- Graduate Diploma in TESOL
The scholarships are next advertised in September / October 2010, for courses starting in 2011. For more information interested parties should visit the LLN Scholarships website (opens an external site).