Women in Engineering & IT hands-on day for years 11 & 12 - Register now
The Women in Engineering & IT (WiE&IT) Program of the University of Technology, Sydney is running a one day interactive seminar for senior students where you can meet undergraduates and professionals in engineering and IT, and explore the possibilities of engineering and IT as study options and careers.
The hands on day will feature:
- professionals and graduates working in exciting areas.
- UTS students sharing their experiences in all facets of engineering and IT in Australia and overseas.
- hands on discovery of new dimensions of everyday technologies.
- practical information about choices, scholarships and opportunities in engineering and IT
- find out more about what engineering and IT is, what it is like to study and work in these fields and what opportunities are out there for women.
- learn about engineering and IT design, and use this to construct your own projects.
- discover how engineering and IT contribute to improving the standard of living, help others and build sustainable communities.
- meet students from other schools and at university and compete as a team, in an engineering design competition.
The closing date for applications with full information is Friday 22 March 2013. However, please note enrolments are limited so apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please be sure to encourage students of diverse backgrounds, abilities and aptitudes. For example, we have found that students interested and with ability in Geography, D&T, and Science have often succeeded in engineering and IT.