The UTS Broadway Building is set to progress to the next phase: lodgement of the project application and commencement of excavation.
The project team have a busy month ahead:
- preparing for the project application lodgement (a key step in the planning approval process)
- exhibition of and community consultation on designs for the new building
- coordinating tenders for the excavation phase
- finalising plans for the sound attenuation to Building 10.
Exhibition and community consultation as part of project application
- Exhibition and community consultation of the proposed project application has started. You’ll see information boards up in the foyer connecting Tower Building and 2. Visit www.utsmasterplan.com.au/broadway-building for more information
- The project application will be lodged with the NSW Department of Planning in late March. This initial application is known as a "pre-lodgement application" or a "test of adequacy". The application will be formally submitted to the Department later in the year.
Sound attenuation for Building 10
- Designs for work on sound attenuation are already in progress, offering an effective 'double glazing' solution for the entire Building 10 facade facing onto Broadway. Installation is scheduled for April / May and the project team will update Building 10 occupants once more information is available.
Excavation of the Broadway Building site
- Tenders for the excavation will be received by 9 March
- Approval from the government to start the excavation is still pending and a contractor is due to be appointed in April. Work on site is due to start mid June with the noisier rock excavation expected to start in July.
GET THE LATEST WITH THE BROADWAY BUILDING BLOG:
Keep up with the latest on the Broadway Building by subscribing to the blog dedicated to all things design and construction for the new building. Enter password 'masterplan'.
Get exclusives such as this animation of the latest design.