Detailed designs for the new UTS Broadway Building have been submitted to the project team.
Architects Denton Corker Marshall has been working in consulation with UTS to finalise designs for the future home to Faculty of Engineering and IT. These have now been submitted to the project team for review.
Initial site set up for the excavation is due to start later this month with bulk excavation expected to start around June with noisier rock excavation expected in about August.
With excavation of the site imminent, work has also started to provide an effective double glazing solution for Building 10, Broadway facing windows.
- The project application has been lodged with the NSW Department of Planning [opens external site]. UTS is awaiting advice from the NSW Government with regards to the new planning process, recently announced by Premier Barry O'Farrell.
- Last month a staff forum was held to update those due to be impacted most by the excavation works (notably those in Building 10 and Building 2). This information is available on the project website.
- Architects Denton Corker Marshall submitted detailed designs for the new building to UTS.
- An effective 'double glazing' solution for Building 10 windows facing Broadway is being installed. A schedule of works can be downloaded [PDF, 119kb].
- Reed Constructions has been appointed contractor for the excavation of the site. A pre-construction services contractor (Lend Lease) has also been appointed.
- Initial site set up for the excavation is expected at the end of May.
GET THE LATEST WITH THE BROADWAY BUILDING BLOG
As the project enters the excavation phase we encourage those in Building 10 and Building 2 to keep up with the latest on the Broadway Building by subscribing to the blog dedicated to all things design and construction for the new building. Enter password 'masterplan'.