The Great Hall is being reinvented, making the former space almost unrecognisable now.
Contractors are drilling, sawing and constructing into the next phase of the project, due to finish in November.
THE SITE SO FAR
- The new 'skin' for the Great Hall is being constructed, panel by panel - see the project page for more information on the design
- Construction of the Balcony Room has started on level 5 - the framework is now up
- To see the latest images of what's going on inside the Great Hall, go to the Master Plan facebook page
- Vibrations and noise from drilling and demolition on levels 5 and 6 will continue to impact those above and below the Great Hall for the next 3 weeks
- Around 1,000 panels for 'The Mantle' or new skin inside the Great Hall will be put in place over the next couple of weeks
- You'll soon notice the roof going up for the Balcony Room - construction of this section will continue until November, transforming the outdoor terrace on level 5
WHAT ABOUT GRADUATIONS?
- All 2011 graduations will be held either at Kuring-gai or the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre
- Graduations will be held in the new Great Hall from 2012 onwards