Launch: 'Orphan Works' White Paper
The Communications Law Centre, UTS will be hosting the launch of the Orphan Works white paper, "Missing Owners Proposals", written by David Brennan and Michael Fraser.
Orphan works, in which copyright owners are either missing or not locatable, present a significant problem in copyright law. Commissioned by Screen Rights, this paper addresses two reforms: one directed at users of unpublished non-commercial subject matter, while the other considers all users of published subject matter. More broadly, the paper suggests copyright reform regarding mass digitisation and re-use projects should be separately resolved as a question of public policy.
- Michael Fraser – Director, Communications Law Centre UTS
- David Brennan – Associate Professor, University of Melbourne
- Chris Shain - Professional Photographer
- Donna West Brett - Manager, Rights and Image Licensing AGNSW
- Sally McCausland - Senior Lawyer, SBS Corporation
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
- 3 May 2012
- 17:30 - 19:30
- Off Campus Australia
- All Welcome
- Wenee Yap